Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Black Male Rappers Rapping About Killing Each Other is Normal and Super-Profitable

"Currently the Hip-Hop industry highly based primarily on Black male rappers homicidal 'fratricidal' lyrics which contributes $10 billion to the U.S. economy. Three white male led companies (Warner Records, Universal Music Group, and Sony Music Group) control around 90% of the depiction of Hip Hop." - CNK

"As beneficiary of more than five hundred years of slavery, I was left only scattered remnants of a broken culture. Exposed to a multitude of ambiguous, mostly negative influences, I would pass through my young life with cultural neglect and a profound identity crisis. Though I knew I was Black, I had no real perspective on being Black. I had absorbed the common negative Black stereotypes that eventually made me despise my Blackness. My cultural awareness was zero. I needed a complete Black history course and a thorough de-programming. I had been duped into believing that all Black people were inhuman and inferior, that we had made no contribution to the forward thrust of civilization. Negative Black stereotypes were broadcast or implied by the news media, magazines, institutions, televisions, newspapers, books, and every other medium you can think of. Not to mention the countless delusional Blacks I met who believed the myth of Black inferiority. Their contempt for their own Blackness was so dynamic; they had subconsciously stepped outside themselves to assimilate with any cultural group other than their own. Their dys-education was complete. The more I was indoctrinated by lies about my Blackness, the more I grew to detest myself." - Stanley Tookie Williams

No comments: